Subject: Re: Shiny Metal Reflections
From: [email-masked] (Jamie Krutz) ()
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 13:33:58 -0700

In article <[email-masked]> Ivan Sinclair <[email-masked]> writes:
> At 09:36 PM 4/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >     Good one. I own VistaPro and am considering KPT Bryce or The World
> >Construction Set. All these can be used to generate the desired pics
> >for reflection. Keep 'em coming.
> 
> Great tip! Have you heard about an Intel version of Bryce 2.0? I used
> Bryce 1.0 on a MAC and the renderings were wonderful but of limited
> usefulness. I've heard that 2.0 will import or export .DXF (both
> would be nice) and now does realistic foliage. World Construction
> Set looks interesting (except the price...;-)

Price per feature World Construction Set is a bargain. Except for 
the water, the Bryce pics I've seen, including at NAB, look more 
surreal than real. Is anyone making realistic natural images with 
Bryce?

WCS images are the most realistic of the terrain generators I've seen 
(can be surreal too, if you want). WCS also has professional spline 
based keyframe animation, and supports LightWave 3D scene, path 
and object exporting (among many other features).

You can create a WCS animation and use it as a background image 
sequence. Hint: using that same sequence as a subtle reflection map in 
LW objects in your scene can really help make the objects look
like they belong in the terrain.

Regards,
 -Jamie (WCS manual writer)